Monday, November 3, 2008

Meeting Peter Tork

Peter played at the Chicken Bone in Mass. A fun little place filled with loud music and lots of people. Peter walked around and talked to people before he had to play while we sat and ate dinner...or what I tried to eat, I was too excited!

Peter played with his band, Shoe Suede Blues. They play mainly blues and rock with a mix of Monkees songs. Surprisingly, Peter played Auntie Grizelda and played Daydream Believer twice. Overall, I wouldn't mind owning one of Shoe Suede Blues cd's.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Peter signed autographs afterwards. I walked up to him, all smiles and just kinda speechless, but Denise helped me with that. :P After my card was signed, I started to give him a "polite" hug. Then he said, "No, no, let's hug hug like regular human beings." Then he gave me a real tight hug. He was so nice. I wasn't so nervous as with Micky. Well, two Monkees down, two to go...well, one, since Mike doesn't tour anymore. I should just go to California and track him down, ok I won't. It's highly unlikely they will have a reunion tour though. I think it'll be fun meeting Davy Jones who stands at 5' 3"..in boots.

No comments: