Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hats


I LOVE hats. It's like wearing art on your head. I thinks it's the most fascinating accessory one can wear, and one can never have enough hats. So many shapes and sizes, styles and trends...so, how does one choose? This is a great page about hats. Considering I have so many, I know not all of them look good on me. Some are strange, but that's what make them unique. I hope that one day I'll have a room completely filled with hats and the way that I'm going, I just might get there. Fifty-two hats, ladies and gentlemen! And still growing! Three are actually reproductions, but the rest are original. If I had to guess, most of them are from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. There are a few in particular that I have no idea how to wear. Anyway, I want to share a few of my favorites here, because if I showed all of them, this blog post would be ten miles long.


This hat has a very cool menswear and flapper-style cloche look to it, plus it's fits very nicely.


This one has a very sixties vibe, which is why I love it, and an asymmetrical crown.

This is so far my all-time favorite hat. This yellow top hat looked quite plain without something extra; I added balloon ribbon from my sixteenth birthday and a giant red bow to finish it off. Great memories are tied to this hat: the last time I went trick-or-treating and wearing it at NTS and getting TONS of compliments..yes, I think everyone should have a memorable hat.

No comments: