Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Step 1 - 2nd Loading Day

I woke up with no hunger pains and the feeling that I would never have to eat again...or at least until the weekend.  But I knew this was my second loading day, and I needed to make the best of it if I was going to reach my target fat grams and calories.  I also knew there was no way I was going to do that.  I really did try.  But after eating another breakfast sandwich and blueberry streusel muffin from Starbucks along with a White Hot Chocolate (yuck. unless you're into white chocolate.  which I'm not. but you guessed it.  it had more fat and calories than milk chocolate.), I could barely get the rest of my apple fritter from yesterday down.  I ate some assorted nuts for lunch, finished the rest of my Pork Milanese and Caesar salad from Olive Garden then roasted a chicken for my family.  I had originally planned on going with take-out from Outback Steakhouse --and you may be wondering why I had all these take-out foods on my loading menu, but I seriously cannot possibly create anything at home with as much fat and calories as what you can find on a menu at your local chain restaurant -- but I just couldn't do it.  So I sat down, ate some mashed potatoes with gravy, broccoli with cheese and as much crispy chicken skin as I could (which actually was pretty yummy after being in the rotisserie oven).  Later on that night, I had the privilege of being able to go out and listen to a great local band with some friends and the opportunity to imbibe on Guinness and Sangria.  After getting home late, I finished up a double chocolate mousse cake and gave up the ghost.  It was finished.

No comments: